+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Guide] Geting IP and Port for MU servers that dont share it :)

[Guide] Geting IP and Port for MU servers that dont share it :)

This method works on all servers, is for a time when the server has a launcher that wont show you IP, and they wont give it to you. Hope it helps

Ok, step by step here it is:
    Step1: get MU window mode.
    Step2: Login to the server( and into char ) on the server you are geting the IP for, for demonstration purpouses, i will use psychic-doom.com's server.

Step3: Hit f12 and go into windows mode.
    Step4: Go to start>run then type "cmd", the command prompt will come up.
    Step5(If you loged into the char on step one skip this step ): Log into your char, stand anyware ( preferably a town so you dont die, though if you do it wont change the resalts ).

Step6: click inside the cmd window, type "netstat", a list of IPs and ports and connection typs will come up.

The first row should read:
    Code:
    Proto     Local Address      Foreign Address      State
    Proto is short for Protocol, you can ignore this colum.

Local Address is your comps local IP and port, you can ignore this colum too.

Foreign Address is the one we'll be looking at, ill explain it later on in the guid.

Stat, This is telling wether the comp is listening/Connected/ect, you wont need this colum eather lol...

Now for that Foreign address. You should see a lot of these, one for every row. Locate the one called psychic-doom-02.cable-lynx.net:44405 ( this is for psychic-doom, it will work on all though. ill explain more in a min ).

Ok, breaking this down, rather simple.
    Code:
    psychic-doom-02.cable-lynx.ne
    t is the hostname of the server, this is used to get the IP, some servers might show the IP of the server, in that case you can skip the resolving part wich ill explain in a minut.

the :44405 is the port, simply remove the : and you have the port

Now for that hostname, to get the IP out of one of these, go to: http://msv.dk/ms592.asp , type " psychic-doom-02.cable-lynx.net" into the search box, without the " " , and hit Resolv, it will bring up somthing saying somthing of this sort:

Code:
     psychic-doom-02.cable-lynx.net = 204.50.48.147
    And there you have your IP , this will work on all servers, just find the host name. Most of the servers keep the ports at 44405, and 55901. And also, unless there runing 2 boxes, 2 connections will apear from the same IP or host, with diferent ports ( one is the game server port, one is the connection port ).

If you need any help, post, ill be happy to help you again, hope this helps.

If this was posted before, sorry, didnt see it.

edit: clearing up the ports, by default, the connection port ( the one used to get to the server list, is 44405, the game server port ( the one used ingame ) is 55901. I think the 44405 port is used for somthing else, because it still shows up in netstat, so im not sure if that makes it the database port or what O_o, havent realy looked into it yet...

But i do know, 55901 is the one they change to block hacks.
    Last edited by TomParad0x; 10th May 2005 at 17:34.

this has been explained 100 times by other people but some noobs still don't understand it, so thanx for makeing this tut.
    Wanksta

Balhaar

np, was a pain to get 7 posts without spaming so i could post it lol. Hope it helps.

edit: to the dude that PMed me.. i cant reply sorry, the damn thing wont let me untill 15 posts...

Quote Originally Posted by TomParad0x
    np, was a pain to get 7 posts without spaming so i could post it lol. Hope it helps.
    yeah it helps this is very usefull
    Wanksta

Balhaar

i explained it clearly enough then? :p, forgive me, head stuffed up cant think strait...... (is trying to get to 15 posts now lol... )

Quote Originally Posted by TomParad0x
    This method works on all servers, is for a time when the server has a launcher that wont show you IP, and they wont give it to you. Hope it helps

Ok, step by step here it is:
    Step1: get MU window mode.
    Step2: Login to the server( and into char ) on the server you are geting the IP for, for demonstration purpouses, i will use psychic-doom.com's server.

Step3: Hit f12 and go into windows mode.
    Step4: Go to start>run then type "cmd", the command prompt will come up.
    Step5(If you loged into the char on step one skip this step ): Log into your char, stand anyware ( preferably a town so you dont die, though if you do it wont change the resalts ).

Step6: click inside the cmd window, type "netstat", a list of IPs and ports and connection typs will come up.

The first row should read:
    Code:
    Proto     Local Address      Foreign Address      State
    Proto is short for Protocol, you can ignore this colum.

Local Address is your comps local IP and port, you can ignore this colum too.

Foreign Address is the one we'll be looking at, ill explain it later on in the guid.

Stat, This is telling wether the comp is listening/Connected/ect, you wont need this colum eather lol...

Now for that Foreign address. You should see a lot of these, one for every row. Locate the one called psychic-doom-02.cable-lynx.net:44405 ( this is for psychic-doom, it will work on all though. ill explain more in a min ).

Ok, breaking this down, rather simple.
    Code:
    psychic-doom-02.cable-lynx.ne
    t is the hostname of the server, this is used to get the IP, some servers might show the IP of the server, in that case you can skip the resolving part wich ill explain in a minut.

the :44405 is the port, simply remove the : and you have the port

Now for that hostname, to get the IP out of one of these, go to: http://msv.dk/ms592.asp , type " psychic-doom-02.cable-lynx.net" into the search box, without the " " , and hit Resolv, it will bring up somthing saying somthing of this sort:

Code:
     psychic-doom-02.cable-lynx.net = 204.50.48.147
    And there you have your IP , this will work on all servers, just find the host name. Most of the servers keep the ports at 44405, and 55901. And also, unless there runing 2 boxes, 2 connections will apear from the same IP or host, with diferent ports ( one is the game server port, one is the connection port ).

If you need any help, post, ill be happy to help you again, hope this helps.

If this was posted before, sorry, didnt see it.

edit: clearing up the ports, by default, the connection port ( the one used to get to the server list, is 44405, the game server port ( the one used ingame ) is 55901. I think the 44405 port is used for somthing else, because it still shows up in netstat, so im not sure if that makes it the database port or what O_o, havent realy looked into it yet...

But i do know, 55901 is the one they change to block hacks.
    Nice work but one thing....can you get the ip without minimize it? couse i use win 98 and when i use the minimizer the mu showns all black i cant move disconect and nothing

Well ty for all i will try it anyway i want the real ip and port of arena mu http://arena-mu.servegame.com (its in spanish) and armus http://www.armus.com.ar (also in spanish)

Ok i got IP for --> muonline.vachev.net server
    its 84.242.152.136 but its wrong or something.. :ermm:
    srry but im new in this kinda stuff :surprised

tnx,but there is faster ways 2 get server IP

btw, if any1 have firewall he can see all conections......

Quote Originally Posted by the0god
    tnx,but there is faster ways 2 get server IP
    can u say me how?? send me a pm with your msn or just say me in the pm

please tell here too lol.

Ok i got IP for --> muonline.vachev.net server
    its 84.242.152.136 but its wrong or something..
    srry but im new in this kinda stuff
    whats wrong, gota give more info than that.

Nice work but one thing....can you get the ip without minimize it? couse i use win 98 and when i use the minimizer the mu showns all black i cant move disconect and nothing

Well ty for all i will try it anyway i want the real ip and port of arena mu http://arena-mu.servegame.com (its in spanish) and armus http://www.armus.com.ar (also in spanish)
    Im not sure, maby the0god's way would work for you...

btw, if any1 have firewall he can see all conections......
    Should be able to...

Wat Is The Server Address Of Psychic-doom???can Help Me Plss!!!i Need The Ip Adres

use tcpview
    its will show u the ip + port simply

MuDarkMaster Apprentice Knight Glebuska's Avatar
    when i type in netstat i see a bunch of addresses under foreign address and i dont know which one is the one thats right for the mu im playing i looked trhere are no names or anything of the mu server.
    help?
    Sorry for bad English :-)

Here's a link to My website it got alot of downloads for MU online and Counter strike 1.6 . Enjoy ! :-)
    http://www.rockframe.fav.co.il

"netstat -n"
    will give you IP address instead of psychic-doom-02.cable-lynx.net
    so u just type in "netstat -n"
    and search for IP with port 55901, 55903 or 44405 (or similar)

+ Reply to Thread